Down to 6

lswatson111304

Songster
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
Milano, TX
I had some shipped eggs with all detached or busted air cells. I decided to set them anyway. I was shipped 14 eggs. I had what at first looked like 10, then 11 develop. As of today on day 12 I have 6 left that didn't stop. In those 6 this morning when I candled I saw big strong movement in 5 of them. The 6th didn't move. The veining looks great. The chicks look strong, but the air cells look horrible.
hmm.png
The next week and a half is going to be sooo nerve wracking!

Well, keep us posted! Isn't that a shame about shipped eggs? I tell you what, Fatty packs her eggs like Fort Knox.....She used so much shredded paper, plus bubble wrapped each egg, it took me a half an hour to unwrap her eggs and find them hidden in that shredded paper!

I do think her shipping really saved the day with the eggs I got from her.......

I sure wish you good luck!

Sharon

Mine were wrapped awesome as well. Each egg bubble wrapped, in tons of shredded paper in a box, inside of another larger box with more stuffing materials and then marked thoroughly on the outside of the box...USPS just hates me. Really, they do. I have all sorts of issues with them, but my PO is amazing. I know its not them. (very small town PO) Its the larger towns before they get to me!
he.gif

I was going to ship some eggs. I happened to be at the post office and asked the teller if I put fragile and this end up if that would help. He said no so I asked him why and he said that the way the mail handlers handle the mail they don't pay attention to what is written on the boxes most of the time, so I didn't ship the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom