Doxy-Tyl powder

Mar 7, 2022
Tonopah AZ
Started using Doxy-Tyl powder mixed with water for our sick Turkey. I noticed that within minutes the water turned a dark brown color within hours, wasn't sure if this was normal so I removed it. Exp date is 9/23/23. Anybody out there got any experience with this? The powder mix is 40g Tylosin per 100g & 20g Doxycycline per 100g. Treatment says 1 teaspoon per gallon of water daily.

Our Young Turkey is no longer holding her beak open and gasping , she can walk short distances but then falls to one side and tremors before she can get upright again. Her appetite and watering are normal.

Thanks

I have not used it, and have looked at different sites to see if that is mentioned anywhere without an answer. Does your water have a lot of minerals that might affect the color? You might call the manufacturer if one is listed on the package.

Hubby says yes, our water is from a well and contains multiple minerals like sodium and iron etc, we add potassium salt to soften it. Maybe I should try bottled water instead?

Back
Top Bottom