Drainge issues

I agree with installing a gutter and proper run off away from the run, see where that takes you. If you still see water after puting in a gutter, a fench drain around the parameter (or on one or two sides) would most likely be a good fix for any water running into the coop from other parts of the yard.

I just took a look at your set up on your profile. I am just wondering if a small burm, bank, or dike around your run or set up might be of any help? The Duke would be positioned so the water would fall on the opposite when it came off the roof and would retain it outside the run when it tried to flow back in. This would be the least expensive and would require less labour as well if you think it might work.

I am just noticing now that other Bycer's have already made most of my suggestions.

Eves troughing with a long down spout extending a fairly long distance away from your run may work just as well.

It would involve a considerable bit of labour but a drainage Well might solve your problem. Drain tile or even just crushed stone serving as a french drain leading to a hole filled with rock or crushed stone something similar to the diagram below.

Hauling in fill and elevating the run may be just a viable an option as well. Either way it is probably fairly expensive fix.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom