Draining chickens abdomen and getting green-tinged fluid

So last night she was in good spirits, and even ate a little oats and pellet food from my hand, the first I've seen her eat in a week or so. Also, it appears more of the fluid has leaked out on it's own before the puncture healed up. This morning she is sitting down, more labored breathing, wont' keep her eyes open. I said good bye and went to work, I am sad I can't be there with her today but I kind of hope she passes and wont' have to suffer anymore. OR I really hope she was just trying to rest and will perk back up. Thanks for the link, I hope I don't have to go through this again but I'll know what to look for it they do. Thanks so much

So last night she was in good spirits, and even ate a little oats and pellet food from my hand, the first I've seen her eat in a week or so. Also, it appears more of the fluid has leaked out on it's own before the puncture healed up. This morning she is sitting down, more labored breathing, wont' keep her eyes open. I said good bye and went to work, I am sad I can't be there with her today but I kind of hope she passes and wont' have to suffer anymore. OR I really hope she was just trying to rest and will perk back up. Thanks for the link, I hope I don't have to go through this again but I'll know what to look for it they do. Thanks so much
I'm so sorry :hugs

I can't comment on the green fluid - but been there done that as far as draining. Found out about it AFTER I lost one of my favorites. Then not long after another started putting on the fluid and we drained her and got her by for a few months and she eventually passed.

Here is something odd. My right knee got painful and swollen a few weeks ago. Went to the doctor. He drained it off - and the fluid looked just like the stuff out of the hen! YIKES! Not the green...the pale yellowish color.

I can't comment on the green fluid - but been there done that as far as draining. Found out about it AFTER I lost one of my favorites. Then not long after another started putting on the fluid and we drained her and got her by for a few months and she eventually passed.

Here is something odd. My right knee got painful and swollen a few weeks ago. Went to the doctor. He drained it off - and the fluid looked just like the stuff out of the hen! YIKES! Not the green...the pale yellowish color.
Wow that is odd! Sorry about your knee..

Back
Top Bottom