Drake causing issues?

metallica21156

In the Brooder
May 2, 2016
so I have 3 Peking females,1 Indian runner female, 2 Indian runner males, 2 kacki Campbell females and 1 kacki male. The kackis are about 6 months old and the others are over a year. All winter I was getting 3 eggs a day for the most part. Now I'm down to maybe 2 a day. I don't think I've ever gotten anything from the runner. Some days I only get 1 egg. I know the one male runner is always chasing the kackis around and try's to have his way with the females a lot. I'm wondering if his aggressions towards the kackis and the pekings is causing a egg reduction. Also production of eggs was already low before the kackis were out side with everyone else.

Could very well be harassment by the drakes will cause the females to lay less.

My Runner drake was really going after my females scovy's a while back but now he has narrowed his pursuit to 2 of them and he chases then just stands on them and doesn't mate them . Hormones make them do crazy things.

You ratio is off too, each drake needs to have at least 3and up females of his own to keep mating a bit under control, and the girls less messed with.

Since I've been leaving the one drake separated from the rest at night I'm getting a constant 3-4 a day. So obviously I'm going to have to rehome him.

Back
Top Bottom