Drake eye problem

Cody.RouenDucks

In the Brooder
May 4, 2018
Hello, today I noticed my drakehas something white on his eye. It looks like he is shutting his eye lids or something but I can't tell. Does anybody know what this is and why he is doing it. I did notice there were a lot of bugs tonight. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20180528_202900.jpg
    20180528_202900.jpg
    729.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180528_203321.jpg
    20180528_203321.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 11
Could be sticky eye/eye infection.

Debris, a scratch or rough mating can all cause eye infections in ducks. Their sinuses run down the back of their head, so often eye issues and respiratory issues go hand in hand in ducks. Symptoms of an eye infection include a closed eye, bubbling eye, redness or tearing. Cleansing the eye well with saline and then making sure the duck has access to a nice, deep water bowl to submerge her entire head can often clear up the problem, but if it doesn’t seem to get better in a few days, a compress of steeped chamomile tea or goldenseal can help clear up the irritation.

Could be sticky eye/eye infection.

Debris, a scratch or rough mating can all cause eye infections in ducks. Their sinuses run down the back of their head, so often eye issues and respiratory issues go hand in hand in ducks. Symptoms of an eye infection include a closed eye, bubbling eye, redness or tearing. Cleansing the eye well with saline and then making sure the duck has access to a nice, deep water bowl to submerge her entire head can often clear up the problem, but if it doesn’t seem to get better in a few days, a compress of steeped chamomile tea or goldenseal can help clear up the irritation.
I looked closer tonight and noticed that there was bugs crawling around his eyes. Any suggestions?

Sounds like mites.. you'll have to be extremely careful putting any kind of poultry spray on his face what about bathing water does he get to bathe daily?

Back
Top Bottom