Drake incorrigible?

Any updates on what you have decided with your drake?
@Sushiducks
Been pretty strict with him, banned everyone from hand feeding him (no peas for you!) and everyone pins him or wards him off with a leaf rake (we have a red one they are all afraid of).

He seems better. If he starts getting lippy I spread my arms out and walk towards him slowly, he usually backs off or I toe him in the chest once or twice.

Still have to pin him every other day when he starts nipping at my boots.

I don't really want to get rid of him so if it stays at this level we will probably keep him.

It's still a little annoying and tiresome but I try and keep in mind you can't blame a drake for acting like a drake.

IMG_20191127_092311961.jpg

Still working on finishing pond. Been getting home after dark everyday :(

Been pretty strict with him, banned everyone from hand feeding him (no peas for you!) and everyone pins him or wards him off with a leaf rake (we have a red one they are all afraid of).

He seems better. If he starts getting lippy I spread my arms out and walk towards him slowly, he usually backs off or I toe him in the chest once or twice.

I don't really want to get rid of him so if it stays at this level we will probably keep him.

It's still a little annoying and tiresome but I try and keep in mind you can't blame a drake for acting like a drake.

View attachment 1969420

Totally up to you..He isn't a regular Drake and has high testosterone so won't ever change. Those are hard to control.

View attachment 1969420

Yay for progress! It takes time but sounds like he's learning my Muscovy drake was the same. He is going on 9 yrs old now and still has his moments but like you said can't blame a drake for acting like a drake.
I think you all are awesome for giving im a chance.

Your pond is going to be so nice when you finish.

Back
Top Bottom