Drake pekin mating with muscovy

BroichFarm

Hatching
May 30, 2016
I have a drake Pekin and i thought he would need more females to mate besides the one we had. So i got a rescue Muscovy who is 2yrs old. we just got her not even a week ago. My two Pekins are great with her, she joined well with them. Will it be ok for my drake Pekin to not only mate with my female Pekin but also ruby our Muscovy? A friend who doesn't have chickens or ducks came by today and was saying i couldn't do that and blah blah blah. i was like what? i know i can. they are both ducks. Im now second guessing myself because i haven't read much on here or cant seem to find the right threads to read. Any advice would be great. We are new to this but i want the best for my ducks. Thanks everyone, happy memorial day!!

Yes the pekin x moscovy ducks make wonderful meat birds. The offspring will be infurtile like mules in the equine world. The duck offspring are called mules too. There is not anything wrong with what you are doing.

Yes the pekin x moscovy ducks make wonderful meat birds. The offspring will be infurtile  like mules in the equine world. The duck offspring  are called mules too. There is not anything wrong with what you are doing.
Is this all ducks or just those two specific breeds?

Is this all ducks or just those two specific breeds?

That's just Muscovy crossed with any kind of mallard derived duck... Muscovies actually almost were classified as a duck due to their differences...

They can mate all they want... the only thing to keep in mind is if you hatch their offspring that those can't reproduce... so if you sell them, just be clear they are 'Scovy crosses and infertile... :)

Back
Top Bottom