Drakes Penis isn't going back inside him

they have piped it back in and put a couple of stitches in to try and help it heal. He is already on antibiotics so that's covered.
If it stays in over the next couple of days all is good , if not they will amputate.
I am so glad you were able to have the vet take care of him. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. :fl

Just a little update...

It's still in! :fl

Although he didn't eat anything yesterday but is drinking loads....
He did have a general anathestic and he was sick in the car on the way home, so I could put that down to that?

This morning he has also refused food but couldn't wait to drink water?

Does anyone think this is abnormal or am I getting over worried about nothing? :confused:

Just a little update...

It's still in! :fl

Although he didn't eat anything yesterday but is drinking loads....
He did have a general anathestic and he was sick in the car on the way home, so I could put that down to that?

This morning he has also refused food but couldn't wait to drink water?

Does anyone think this is abnormal or am I getting over worried about nothing? :confused:
You could try wetting his feed or give him some Romain Lettuce or peas? Not much though if he has an upset stomach..

If you have any probiotics you could put some in his water. They can help put back the good bacteria that the antibiotic is killing off. Only problem with antibiotics they kill good and bad bacteria. Great news his wee wee is staying in.

We asked vet to do the stitches first as they were quite quick to suggest cutting it off and ruling out stitches.

Will the probiotics help him eat, had another day of him not eating enough?

I saw the vet put stitches. I am happy for you it worked. Starting him on some probiotics may help. I’d also talk to you vet about tube feeding him if his appetite doesn’t pick up.
oooo tube feeding... yikes. He isn't going to like that!
His Daddy Duck is home from work this weekend so hoping he can get little lad eating! Think he has fallen out with me, as it me that keeps doing the vet trip and injections! :tongue

Back
Top Bottom