Drakes sneezing? (or whatever this is…)

prestoconfuoco

Songster
May 26, 2019
Upstate NY
Hey all,

I’ve been noticing my three drakes have been “sneezing” like this. I can’t confirm all three are doing it for certain because it’s tough for me to tell the pekins apart, but at least one of the pekins and the welsh harlequin have been doing it.

I’ve noticed it very occasionally for the past few weeks or so, but it’s seemed to me that it’s picked up in frequency today. I saw it happen multiple times in multiple drakes. I have female ducks too and I haven’t seen any of them do this, which is why I’m wondering if it’s some
strange drake thing, or if maybe the three of them could be catching something because they’re housed together.

Is this some weird behavior I don’t understand, or is it a respiratory problem? Do I need a vet visit?

Thanks!

Ha, ha, I believe that is just happy drake sounds. Nothing to worry about. Wait to you here the “look at me, I’m a stud because I just mated,” whistle, snort sound. It is even better!
I hope so, but specifically did you notice the drake in the front and how his body physically “sneezed” as well? That’s why I was a little more concerned because it seemed like a physical thing rather than just a noise. They are all acting fine as far as I can see though so hopefully no big deal!

I hope so, but specifically did you notice the drake in the front and how his body physically “sneezed” as well? That’s why I was a little more concerned because it seemed like a physical thing rather than just a noise. They are all acting fine as far as I can see though so hopefully no big deal!

Ok, I rewatched it. That is the whistle snort I was referring too. There is nothing wrong! Your drake is just very happy!

Back
Top Bottom