Draw an BYC RP character contest!

Okay, um, please don't laugh too much. This is my first adventure using a tablet and mouse for a full-blown picture. It was a good experience--I have learned that drawing wattles is my enemy, and that I should never, ever, ever make another chicken with laced feathers again.
th.gif

Name: Bloodwing
Breed: Unknown
Details: Bloodwing is a 1 1/2 year old mutt rooster with crimson feathers and a black beak and spurs. He has black lacing around his head and tail.
History: In his chickhood, Bloodwing lived with his father, Bloodstar, his mother (the medicine hen of his clan), and his brother, Blackthorn. Life was, essentially, idyllic. That was, until Bloodwing was six months old and his father was murdered by Daggerbeak. As a result, the whole clan was thrown into disarray. In the process Bloodwing lost his mate, Jadestone, and had to give his daughter, Ambersong, to a friend for safekeeping. The camp ruined, and the warriors scattered, Bloodwing and Blackthorn decided to leave their old life behind. However, Bloodwing soon found that he was to take this journey alone when he disagreed with Blackthorn's proposal of revenge against the entirety of Daggerbeak's clan. The two brothers fought, and broke ties, each going his separate way. For three seasons Bloodwing wandered, using the medical skills he learned from his mother to lend a helping hand to several clans as he sought a place for himself. Finding none, he began to travel, trading medical secrets and supplies between clans. Finally he found his way to the clan of Ashwood. Unfortunately, Bloodwing didn't make it out of Ashwood when a severe cause of wet fowl pox ravaged the camp. Unconscious and ill, Bloodwing only made it out alive with the help of Blackthorn, who made a timely appearance. Eventually Bloodwing recovered of his injuries in Wingclan, and began to realize that something about Blackthorn was looking rather fishy. Just as he thought, Blackthorn had decided to take revenge on Daggerbeak into his own wings, and was out to infect the entire Hackleclan camp with the wet pox virus. Bloodwing managed to arrive in time to prevent Emberstar and Blackthorn from having a duel to the death. Ill and severely injured, Blackthorn died. Fortunately Bloodwing survived and made it back to Wingclan camp, where he spent his afternoons in constant war with the pesky squirrels. In the following months he re-united with his daughter, found a new mate, Scarletnight, the sister of Waterstar of Sunclan, and decided to start traveling again. There is, after all, a lot more room for history on this page.

22470_final_640.jpg

(Unfortunately BYC isn't being very friendly to this picture. It looks a lot better than this. But it's done with, so I'm satisfied
caf.gif
)

Blue, that's AMAZING!!! You don't even want to see my first/only attempt.
hide.gif
What tablet do you use? I've been wanting to get one for a while:)

@ miss heny: I'll keep that in mind when I draw him next time
wink.png

@equinehugger: Thanks! I'm hoping I'll get better over time.
big_smile.png
I'm using a Wacom Bamboo at the moment. I have to say, for the price it is definitely worth it. If you're getting into art professionally or just want to have better quality art, I'd suggest something a little bigger, but as a first tablet, I'm in love with my Wacom! You seem to be doing awesome with pencil (your horse is amazing!) so I don't think you'd have any problem with a tablet.
tongue.png

@The Turken Lady: Thanks! I'm glad you like it
big_smile.png
Your chicken is very nice, too, I love his tail.

Back
Top Bottom