Dream will soon come true.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Miss Yiffs, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Miss Yiffs

Miss Yiffs In the Brooder

Nov 12, 2018
    I've always lived in cities where backyard chickens were banned, or was living in apartments. My boyfriend and I are in the process of purchasing a house 7 hours up North and I will be able to finally legal own some hens!!

I'm really excited to start building the coop and to get my hens, because, let's be honest. Chickens are the cutest animals ever.

2. NoFlyBackFarm

NoFlyBackFarm Crowing

Aug 6, 2018
    Pilesgrove, New Jersey
    YES THEY ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What breeds are you thinking about getting?

3. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hi and congrats on your land purchase.

On this link you'll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping birds - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archives

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link, if you have not already done so. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

4. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, CA
    My Coop
    Colorful welcome 2.gif

Congratulations on the new place and getting chickens!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Actually I think the baby in your avatar is the cutest thing ever. Hope you will enjoy Backyard Chickens as much as we do :frow

6. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Happy Holidays to all my BYC Peeps!

Jun 26, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Welcome to our FUN-omenal Flock!!!!! :ya

7. Miss Yiffs

Miss Yiffs In the Brooder

Nov 12, 2018
    I have my heart set on buff Orpingtons. They're so fluffy and winter hardy, which where I'm moving currently holds the record for the coldest day in all of Ontario in 1938 at -58° Celsius.

puffypoo, rjohns39, fldiver97 and 9 others like this.
  8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Congratulations on your upcoming new home, and welcome to BYC. Good luck in establishing your flock.

9. NoFlyBackFarm

NoFlyBackFarm Crowing

Aug 6, 2018
    Pilesgrove, New Jersey
    BUFFIES I LOVE THEM!! I have like 4 of them, very hardy and strong. It´s in about 35f degrees at night right now.

10. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Crossing the Road

Mar 21, 2016
    Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
    Welcome to BYC! Yes, if it get's that cold where you are at, you need some good hardy breed that will be able to handle it! Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: