dreaming of hawks?

phaethona

Songster
9 Years
Apr 13, 2010
Missouri
This is weird to me. I'm not a person who regularly has/remembers dreams, but when I do they're vivid.
Well, in the past 6 months, I've had around 10 dreams about a hawk/hawks in my backyard. Every time, I end up trying to kill them.

In real life, I haven't crossed hawks off our list of predators, but they really aren't much of a concern. where I live is so populated that the hawks prefer to hunt in the more rural settings outside of town. So I say that to note that I don't think that I'm having these dreams out of a real fear of having a hawk attack my chickens.

I'm also not a person who puts much weight into dream dictionaries, but after the 5th or 6th time I decided to look it up. It said that "To see a hawk in your dream, denotes that suspicions are lurking around you and your activities. You need to proceed with caution. Alternatively, a hawk symbolizes insight. Consider the phrase "hawk's eye" to mean that you need to keep a close watch on someone or some situation."
That really doesn't seem to fit.

So I'm curious, what's your take on recurring dreams? If dreams are somewhat random, why would a person gravitate towards one main subject?

Any thoughts? I can be more specific and detail the dreams more if that helps...

I have no answer for you, but I have recurring dreams, too. I dream that some large predator is attacking my little sister and I try to kill it. It is alway like a coyote or bear or other large, furry animal.

While some of our dream symbols are cultural, many are very personal and you might wish to think about how you feel in the dream and what the hawk means to you.

One fun activity might be to lay down and relax at bedtime, close your eyes and imagine a scenario where you "solve the problem" of the hawk. If you want the hawk to leave, how would you do it with the least conflict? Remember, the dream world has no real rules: anything is possible. You can *poof* him away like a magician, you could mentally communicate with Hawk and ask him to leave, you could substitute a blue sky without Hawk in it, you could catch Hawk and make him one of the chickens - - have fun and remember it's YOUR dream! You can solve it any way you wish.

smile.png

Good luck, and let us know if you have any revelations!

Hi,
I am sometimes good at "reading" people by what they type.. You phaethona, I am not seeing to deep on this..

The dreams started about the same time as you got chickens?

Do you in general like to be in control of situations? Keep to yourself with your emotions?

Take responsibility very seriously? Protective of things you care about?

----------------------------
I do not think the hawk has anything to do with the chickens.. I think the responsibility of having chickens was the "trigger" that created your hawk.

To me your hawk represents a freedom or independence that can not be managed or outsmarted. They are always there watching..waiting for a mistake an opportunity... They are in control, not us. Stop trying to kill the hawk, it is futile. Watch the hawk see what it uncovers for you..

Let go....Accept "it" is going to happen................................

ON

So phaethona?!?

Does what ON said sound right?? Getting chickens can be like having a new set of kids. They're so dang vulnerable! I know you said you don't have hawks, but I lost a few of my favs to hawks and worried endlessly after......

ONs good at his stuff, so what do you think??

Back
Top Bottom