Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Well, Mr. Tool Magnet, you might be proud of me. The other box, which cost me a whopping $6, I bought because it held a boxed set of Black and Decker drill bits. Twenty-one of the original 24 bits are still in the box.

Bonuses were an unopened roll of Duck-brand painter's tape, three unopened rolls of electrical tape, a couple of large screwdrivers (flathead and phillips,) and a bunch of decorative knobs, half hinges, assorted crap AND a still-packaged nylon clothing zipper (!?!).

The more expensive box that held my lovely goose cookie jar and the waffle maker also had a Eureka hand vacuum, which I tested last night on a rug. Works fine!

I couldn't resist the cookie jar, but I sure don't need to collect those. Over the years, I've collected too many things and have been trying to find new homes for them. But, really, a big white goose jar? How could I resist?

I love to go treasure hunting at auctions :)

You're right on the 1/4. The other two missing are a 5/16 and a 7/64. There's another 7/64, as well as duplicates of some of the other small ones. I'm guessing that's because they are more delicate and wear down and/or break more easily. I once broke a thin bit when I knocked over the drill.

Also, I forgot that the box also has 2 unopened packs of 3M sand paper -- 60 grit and 150. Christmas, indeed!

what a beautiful spring day.
I spent too much time inside playing with the saw sharpener. but I did go out to the shop and took an old unfinished maple cutting board and planed it smooth on both sides and trimmed the ends to make it square..It is a full 2" thick. the saw blade went through it like soft butter.. what a pleasure to have sharp blades again..
I am going to attach slats on the bottom to fit the kitchen sink. that will keep it from sliding around.. I like to knead bread that way.
then, I will take the large cutting board that we have been using for about 55 years, and repair it.. It has developed a crack near the center on one end. and the surface is all dinged up . I will split it and saw out the cracked area.. then I will glue it back together and then I will plane it smooth again.. I did not make this one. I just hope they didn't run threaded rods through it when they made it. I will know when I hit it with the saw blade. fingers crossed.

I'm impressed with how you spent your "spring day" (and hope you don't find a surprise threaded rod)! I like the ideas of attaching slats and that you knead bread. When I (rarely) make bread, I opt for a no-knead recipe.

I took pruning shears to masses of dead plant growth that I left over the winter to shelter and feed the same critters that destroy my gardens and steal my critters' feed. Some friends are coming over from the Chicago area next month and will be seeing my place for the first time. I would like for it not to remind them of "Green Acres," so I'm tidying and fixing up things.

20240310_120627[1].jpg

this is the set screw drying the third application of Gorilla glue to the alan wrench.
since this picture I cut the excess length off of the long handle.
it is now a permanent handle on the saw sharpener..

Back
Top Bottom