Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

did I mention that I tweaked up a waffle recipe and made a batch yesterday ?
the recipe makes about a dozen. we each ate two and froze the rest. I am going to pop a couple into the toaster in a few minutes..
I could share the recipe if anyone is interested ..
kind of a dreary looking day.
38F . I hope it warms up some more.
shame on me. here it is the warmest winter in history and I want more..

did I mention that I tweaked up a waffle recipe and made a batch yesterday ?
the recipe makes about a dozen. we each ate two and froze the rest. I am going to pop a couple into the toaster in a few minutes..
I could share the recipe if anyone is interested ..
kind of a dreary looking day.
38F . I hope it warms up some more.

shame on me. here it is the warmest winter in history and I want more..
Oh yes please share the recipe if you don’t mind! :drool

WAFFLES

In a bowl, stir together:
2 1/4 cups flour
2 teasp baking powder
1 teasp baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1 teasp salt

now add:
1 1/2 cups milk (to start with)
2 eggs (you can beat them if you want to)
2 Tblsp lemon juice or vinegar
2 teasp vanilla
1 stick melted butt er

the batter should be thick, but a bit runny
add more mild if is too thick.
add more flour if it is too thin.
when you pour the batter onto the waffle maker, the batter should not run to the edge of the compartment.
Use 1/3 cup of batter for each waffle
I bake mine for 6 to 7 minutes.
test your maker by doing just one waffle at first.
don't stack the waffles. it makes them limp and they lose their crispness.

In 2009, I let a stray cat into my basement so she wouldn't get eaten by coyotes who frequented the ravine in the woods behind my then-house. She rewarded my kindness by giving birth to four kittens. She and her family became lifelong house cats. Yesterday, I had to let my vet put down one of the "kittens" -- who was 10 days shy of his 15th birthday.

Marco Polo, so named because he was the most adventurous of the litter and the first to do everything, had a tumor on his jaw that I first noticed in late December. Surgery was not an option since much of his lower jaw would have to be removed. Marco Polo fought bravely, but the cancer was winning much faster in the last couple of weeks. I believe my animals let me know when it's time for me to let them go.

I brought his body home so his remaining two siblings could know what happened to him, because I believe they need closure. His smaller sister sniffed the bag that held Marco Polo's body, which didn't surprise me. But what she did next did. Mins crawled into the bag where she curled up and laid down with him. I've never seen anything quite like that.

In 2009, I let a stray cat into my basement so she wouldn't get eaten by coyotes who frequented the ravine in the woods behind my then-house. She rewarded my kindness by giving birth to four kittens. She and her family became lifelong house cats. Yesterday, I had to let my vet put down one of the "kittens" -- who was 10 days shy of his 15th birthday.

Marco Polo, so named because he was the most adventurous of the litter and the first to do everything, had a tumor on his jaw that I first noticed in late December. Surgery was not an option since much of his lower jaw would have to be removed. Marco Polo fought bravely, but the cancer was winning much faster in the last couple of weeks. I believe my animals let me know when it's time for me to let them go.

I brought his body home so his remaining two siblings could know what happened to him, because I believe they need closure. His smaller sister sniffed the bag that held Marco Polo's body, which didn't surprise me. But what she did next did. Mins crawled into the bag where she curled up and laid down with him. I've never seen anything quite like that.
😔
So sad, hugs to you and Marco's siblings.

:hitI’m so sorry! What a wonderful cat family you have and they are so lucky to have you!

WAFFLES

In a bowl, stir together:
2 1/4 cups flour
2 teasp baking powder
1 teasp baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1 teasp salt

now add:
1 1/2 cups milk (to start with)
2 eggs (you can beat them if you want to)
2 Tblsp lemon juice or vinegar
2 teasp vanilla
1 stick melted butt er

the batter should be thick, but a bit runny
add more mild if is too thick.
add more flour if it is too thin.
when you pour the batter onto the waffle maker, the batter should not run to the edge of the compartment.
Use 1/3 cup of batter for each waffle
I bake mine for 6 to 7 minutes.
test your maker by doing just one waffle at first.
don't stack the waffles. it makes them limp and they lose their crispness.
Thanks! Those sound very good!

Back
Top Bottom