Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

That bed is gorgeous! I love the iron fence. And the hostas...and coneflower. So pretty.

I am going to try and get a more planned look around my place. So it doesn't look like the mad hatter was running around hucking seeds every which way ha. I haven't grown hostas yet, but I've got a great place for them and will give them a go this year.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton...ack-Steel-Fence-Panel-3-Pack-860244/302617727
This is what we have. It is ok....but with a 50' run of it and kids crashing bikes into it it gets knocked about and I have to straighten it often.
I ran 1/2" rebar in to help strengthen it but it still happens.

It certainly is not the traditional looking fence I had hoped for.....
We got it second hand at $5 a panel so really.....after selling my extras was free to us.
:confused: Maybe it is ok.

That is a beautiful little garden @oldhenlikesdogs ! My gardens used to have a fairly controlled look, but now they have more of that mad hatter look! So many things seed on their own, and once it gets hot, weeding just doesn’t get priority. As long as there are flowers, butterflies, humming birds and bees though, I’m happy. And since I’m in the middle of nowhere, no one else has to see it!!!

That bed is gorgeous! I love the iron fence. And the hostas...and coneflower. So pretty.

I am going to try and get a more planned look around my place. So it doesn't look like the mad hatter was running around hucking seeds every which way ha. I haven't grown hostas yet, but I've got a great place for them and will give them a go this year.
That is a beautiful little garden @oldhenlikesdogs ! My gardens used to have a fairly controlled look, but now they have more of that mad hatter look! So many things seed on their own, and once it gets hot, weeding just doesn’t get priority. As long as there are flowers, butterflies, humming birds and bees though, I’m happy. And since I’m in the middle of nowhere, no one else has to see it!!!
Thank you both. :)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton...ack-Steel-Fence-Panel-3-Pack-860244/302617727
This is what we have. It is ok....but with a 50' run of it and kids crashing bikes into it it gets knocked about and I have to straighten it often.
I ran 1/2" rebar in to help strengthen it but it still happens.

It certainly is not the traditional looking fence I had hoped for.....
We got it second hand at $5 a panel so really.....after selling my extras was free to us.
:confused: Maybe it is ok.
I like it. What's growing behind it. As you can see my fence is mostly buried.

I like it. What's growing behind it. As you can see my fence is mostly buried.

I think that is what I don't like.....It is sparse behind it. Being right next to the sidewalk I did not plant much. I have Wigelia that blooms pink but it is not a thick type of shrub.
I had problems with people deciding my flowers were for cutting and taking home too. :hmm

I guess one could say it looks naked.

I do get comments from people out walking that they like it and about the flower garden....nothing negative.

Maybe I need to add "fluffy" things in between the shrubs.......

I think that is what I don't like.....It is sparse behind it. Being right next to the sidewalk I did not plant much. I have Wigelia that blooms pink but it is not a thick type of shrub.
I had problems with people deciding my flowers were for cutting and taking home too. :hmm

I do get comments from people out walking that they like it and about the flower garden....nothing negative.

They were stealing your flowers?? For shame :hmm

Maybe you need to electrify your fence. 😁

I think both gardens look great! I'm kind of a fan of the mad hatter look myself. As long as it's weeded, I let natural flowers take over. I'm a huge fan of pollinators, so I have a small area in back that I want to complete this year. With all native flower species, so the butterflies, bees, and hummingbirds will show up. Then my allergies will go crazy! But it will be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom