Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Pics
I don't care much for Dunkin. they are too much like common bread.
Yes, we had the septic tank pumped. They haul it to the city treatment facility . they separate the solids from the liquid, treat the liquid and dump it into the river. The solids eventually get spread on farm fields.
Annie told me that there are some seed stalks in the rhubarb already. I will have to get out there and pull them.

Got four seed pods pulled out of the rhubarb today.
went down and checked how the buds are doing in the abandoned grape arbor area. plenty of good buds, but nothing is vining yet.
I had no ambition today. I didn't sleep well last night. I hope I feel more like doing something tomorrow.
Oh, I did trim the lower branches off of the plum tree. Now I can ride the mower under it.
My brother is going to come out and cut some branches off of the "dead" tree for me.
the elderberries I have in one of the mini green houses have lots of leaves on them already. I didn't check the other two buckets with plum and apple. I will do that tomorrow.

Our little trees and shrubs we ordered arrived today. We will plant them tomorrow. Hopefully some make it.

Waiting on the cold night to pass and than I plan to plant some beans. I need to take the Kozy Coats off my tomatoes. I see one has tomatoes already.

chilly today. How is your planting going ?
I took a bunch of cutting from the old apple tree. I set up a mini green house and have them all cut to size and in the dirt.
My fingers are so cold I can hardly type. but I got 'er done..

We got them all planted. Small things. Hopefully most of them make it. We planted some American highbush cranberry, speckled alders, and American plums for shrubs. Trees were bigtooth aspen and quaking aspens. Around 56 in total. We are tired.

It was colder. Needed to pull out the heavier coat again. Hopefully after tonight we are free to garden without worrying.

You guys must have worked up a sweat . that's a lot of planting.
I didn't dig out my heavy coat.
I just put on a flannel shirt. I should have worn gloves,
that old apple tree still has lots of dead branches. there is no green within eight feet from the ground.
all the blossoms are along the top.
it looks like a toad stool .lol
I keep reading that apples are difficult to get to root. I sure hope I luck out.

Rhubarb pie sounds so delicious. :)

I haven't looked around yet. Gotta get out and take the buckets off my tomatoes yet.
we just got home from town. did labs, then went to get our cell phones updated a T Mobil. grocery shopping, ate lunch, and the day is about shot. got no rhubarb picked.
the blossoms are sticking tight, so I don't think they froze.

Nothing looks froze here either. I think we dodged that one.

Those trips to town can eat up the whole day. I put my tomato cages on my tomatoes, and mowed some lawn. Getting long and they are predicting more rain, so gotta get it cut so it can grow long again.

Back
Top Bottom