Dressed Carcass Picture Chart

Pics
When winter sets in and I have more free time (weather permitting) I may start going through old threads and collect other peoples Carcass pictures.

I like the idea of having one central thread for Carcass pictures
Just be sure to credit them somehow.

Ok a turken here is an old girl that we butchered, she was 5 maybe? And wow was she fat!
20190928_160327.jpg
the scale is set to ounces, if my math is good that makes her 4.1 pounds dressed, I didnt take a live weight but not bad! Side note she had 2 necked Gene's and less feathers than the cockrels we did that only had one necked gene.
20190928_154114.jpg
this boy was a may hatch making him 4 months? Maybe close to 5 months. He was a dominate white with lots of color leakage otherwise a Good looking boy, but I only need so many roosters and this guy missed the cut. At 4 pounds a nice dressed weight! Both of these birds showed good breast meat and nice thighs, when I vacuum sealed the hen she looked like the cornish x we did over the summer.

I processed 3 mosaic roosters... not large size but I’m having a tough time with black/dark meat
It doesn't look appetizing at all. Or my Grey meat didn't. I still haven't processed any black meat birds I figured I would have some male ayam cemanis that would not sell and I sold out at Carolina Chicken Stock. However I had one that was 2 or 3 generations away from Ayam Cemani that had grey meat. It looked like old meat and I ended up putting off eating it until I had to throw it out for being too old.

It doesn't look appetizing at all. Or my Grey meat didn't. I still haven't processed any black meat birds I figured I would have some male ayam cemanis that would not sell and I sold out at Carolina Chicken Stock. However I had one that was 2 or 3 generations away from Ayam Cemani that had grey meat. It looked like old meat and I ended up putting off eating it until I had to throw it out for being too old.
Yea I’m really struggling with it.. looks awful
I’m thinking about feeding it to my dogs

Back
Top Bottom