1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Drinker cup system help!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by WI FarmChick, Apr 7, 2012.

  1. WI FarmChick

    WI FarmChick Songster

    Feb 22, 2012
    I know there is a lot of people using the drinker cup water systems. I really want this to work as I can't carry water very well. (Bad Back) My plan is to have a rain barrel and just fill the barrel with water as needed.

    I just received my parts in the mail from Cutler supply.

    This is the cup i am using.

    And this is the connector I am using.

    I also purchased the water regulator. just in case I will have too much pressure from my barrel.

    Well Here is my problem......I don't know how to connect the connector to the pvc pipe. It looks like there are ridges on the side of the connector that you would "glue" to the pvc pipe. simple right!?!

    Well......My DH thinks it won't glue on and seal very well because of those ridges. I am thinking they will just melt with the glue.

    Also....My regulator came with 2 small straight connector pieces for the 5/16" tubing. Do I just use one for the regulator "out" and the other in the one end of my pvc tube with an adapter? I think I seen a pic somewhere here.

    I usually am very good at figuring "puzzle's" out.....But this one, I am having a hard time with.
    Maybe I just need to go to menards and stand in the aisle and look to see what will work.
    I don't know. Feeling dumb! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by