Drinking a LOT of water but eating nothing - sour crop?

I think the dosing would be the same. Let's tag in @casportpony and ask just to be sure.
The "Ivermectin" would be the same, but let's re-check dosing.
As for the difference - it's probably marketing and packaging;)
The 1% topical solution dose is would be the same as the oral/injectable, it's 0.05 ml per pound of bodyweight.

Thank you very much for your help! The spot-on ivermectin drops I found are by Pharmaq if anyone's interested.

A morning update: this morning her crop hadn't emptied, though there wasn't much in it last night to begin with. I intentionally didn't let her absolutely stuff herself with water last night so that there'd be a lot less to make her throw up this morning, to minimise the risk of her inhaling it. When I got her to be sick this morning, there wasn't much at all that came out but it was whiteish (yesterday it was brown) which I think is the Clotrimazole (a thick white cream) and yoghurt I gave to her yesterday which obviously hasn't fully gone down. After I emptied her crop, it didn't quite feel empty based on it's size if that makes sense. I can't tell if this is inflammation from the yeast, a pendulous crop or both.

She did poo a lot in the night, it was mainly urates with some diarrhoea. As I was giving her the first dose of Clotrimazole of the day today, she pooed again and it looked the same except it was much smaller. I've added a couple of photos in case it's helpful at all (The piece of maize isn't a part of the poo, there are no solids in it whatsoever).

I can also hear some little rumbles in her tummy, I guess this is another positive sign that her digestive system is still functioning? Still, she's not interested in any food and this will be her fourth day of acting this way. I'm thinking of making a thin liquified feed out of her normal pellets to make sure she's getting the nutrition she needs. If anyone's got any suggestions for what to do with her I'd really appeciate it!

Attachments

• IMG_20210916_080809925.jpg
    IMG_20210916_080809925.jpg
    806.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210916_080824937.jpg
    IMG_20210916_080824937.jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 3
That's a great point, thank you! All the guides I've read here say to make them sick each morning until their crop empties on its own, and it seems to be okay so far so I think I'll stick to that. I can update that upon massaging her crop, it feels a little less enflamed to where I can feel exactly what's inside, and it's almost all fluid except for about 5 little grains at the bottom. I would guess these are bits of corn? I've ordered some Nettex power drops and I'll keep going with the Clotrimazole and keep updating.

A final update - this morning I found Abigail had passed away in the night. :(

I found her with much of the contents of her crop on the floor by her. Could this mean that she choked? I'm thinking it's either this, or she fell from the perch as she died, and the fall impacted her crop to where the contents were forced out. All of what came out was liquid, so I don't know what would cause her to choke in the night. I honestly wasn't expecting to find her this way, I've had birds die before and yesterday she didn't seem as though she was knocking at death's door.

If anyone could share their speculations on what might've happened, I'd really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom