dropped egg hatching

emvickrey

ChowDown Silkie Farm
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Hornbeak, Tennessee
On day 18 I was getting the bator ready for the 3 day wait and I dropped an egg on top of another and it cracked and left a small hole. I put it in the bator in hopes It would still hatch and Lo and behold it is the first one pipping. But it's head is upside down. I have to keep adjusting my bator because either the temp or the humidity is off. I ended up having to put 5 sponges into 2 dishes of water just to get the humidity up to 59. It is a struggle for sure. This time the temp and humidity stayed perfect for 5 days in a row. thought I had it until it warmed up inside so it warmed up too much in the bator. So, the struggle began again. I will be so happy to get a new bator soon.

The rulse say not to open the bator at all the last 3 days but, either my temps will spike or humidity has to be messed with to get it up. Today everybody is suppose to hatch.

I collected eggs for about 4 days and had them on my counter until I had a dozen then put them all in at once. I suppose that will make them all hatch on the same day.

Is that correct?

UPDATE!!

The chick that "was" in the cracked egg has hatched in record time. Probably becuase most of the work was done. It appears to be another buff RIR mix. Doing well. None of the others has pipped as of yet.

I originally had 12 eggs then discovered 1 rotten one. Removed that one. It was stinking up the place.
smile.png

They don't necessarily hatch on the same day. We always put all of our eggs under a hen on the same day after saving them up, and they can hatch up to 2 days apart.

Back
Top Bottom