dropped my favorite two day old chick!

my experience might make you feel better. I had a baby chick that cheeped loudly and always ran up to jump in my hand. Of course, that one becomes your favorite. She was eating and drinking seemed fine and then she just died on day 3. When I told someone at the feedstore about her they said that she sounded like something was wrong with her to begin with, running to me and wanting to be held all the time was unusual for a healthy day-old chick. I really don't think a little fall would do her in ( have you seen the video of hatchery employees sexing chicks and tossing them into bins?- kind of rough) So just think of it as you gave a little fragile chick a lot of love that probably wasn't going to make it much longer. I know it's still sad though.

Thank you everyone for your support and comforting words. It helped a lot.

When ever I have an animal pass, I always imagin them up there with my dad. He was an animal lover too. I bet he's got quite the farm by now! It will be a great place to get to when it's my turn!

I spent a lot of time with all the other chicks today and feel much better now. I posted pictures on the "General" page and could use some help ID'ing my mystery chicks and telling the difference between the 10 Barred Rocks and the 5 Australorps I ordered.

Thanks again everyone, for being here for me!

hugs.gif
awww, i hope your daughter has fun with the others.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Regardless of how old they are, it hurts when this happens, as I learned in my first week. I cried like a little baby for hours. I'm glad you went to sit with your others as it does really help.

Like someone else said, just know that you showed her love and a good home for the first and last days of her life
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom