Drowning in eggs!!! ~~~~Picture Added~~~~

You could boil up a dozen or more and feed them back to the hens. Lots of good protein for a treat after doing such a good job at laying.
smile.png

Quote:
To late, I shipped your order yesterday. You'll get it today!!!

Tell them girls it's time to earn their keep. Tell them to shape up or I'll send Lt. Colonel Bok Bok down there to straighten them out.
tongue.png

I keep checking everyday. I opened the nest box a week or so ago. A couple have really red combs and wattles, so I guess it shouldn't be too long.

Quote:
They deside to start laying when you give up waiting. I was finally like, lay if you want to but I don't care anymore. Then a week later me and DH caught Boo in the nest box. Goofy chickens!

have you tried seeing if you could sell your eggs to your feed store? i sold 25 doz of my 45 to my feed store for $1.50 a doz. it's a lot less than what i normally get at my work, but it's better than them sitting around and getting wasted and the guy sold them to me for $1.00 a doz so i still made $12. that's a bag and a half of feed.

Last edited:
Quote:
The only way I can sell them without worring about taxes and reporting money and all is to sell it off of my own land.

I'll add my 2 cents worth. I sell around here from my house for $2/dozen, and to 2 of my oldest first frineds for $1.50/dozen. I"ll rasie the duck eggs price to more than $2, but I'm not sure how much. Here is a photo or 2 of what I had in my frig a couple nights ago. I now have different eggs, but the same amt + a few more dozen in our other frig. I need more people to buy. Do you think a sign out front is ok? What if I'm not home and someone wants eggs? Do you keep them out in a cooler? or only let people knock on your door or call you to tell you they want some?
Here the eggs are! That big bowl on the bottom shelf is egg salad!
October017.jpg

October021.jpg

October025.jpg

duck eggs that don't fit in any cartons-I ran out of cartons-the people who bought eggs threw them away!that's why I have bowls of eggs too!
October022.jpg

Lisa (drowning in eggs)

Back
Top Bottom