Drowning my Chicks

MissDeBoer

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2022
My manual was wrong (poorly translated directions) and I had my humidity over 70 percent all 21 days... do you think there's a chance of survival?
I am doing it with my class and feel devastated that we've gone this long and the students are so excited... I hope I don't have to dash their hopes :(

That is very high humidity, it should have been 40 to 45% max. Have you candled the eggs? Is there an air cell and what size is it? If so, they may survive.

Do you have a hatcher? What you could do if you have a hatcher is put an egg carton inside and stand the eggs upright, pointy end down. Sometimes this helps keep them from drowning at pip and hatch.

That is very high humidity, it should have been 40 to 45% max. Have you candled the eggs? Is there an air cell and what size is it? If so, they may survive.

Do you have a hatcher? What you could do if you have a hatcher is put an egg carton inside and stand the eggs upright, pointy end down. Sometimes this helps keep them from drowning at pip and hatch.
I have one that has pipped but hasn't done anything in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom