dry cat food.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, Jun 7, 2010.

1. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Ducks being quiet??? LOL Someone better tell Rowena. [​IMG]

Actually I think there are ducks that are quiet like the Muscovy. I haven't gotten mine yet but I can't wait. As soon as DH gets a job I will call the Rescue place and they will bring me some so I can try that breed.
    The one Cayuga is quiet so far but who can really tell with 15 ducklings in the pen and Rowena!

And why are there no ducky smilies on this forum????[​IMG]

2. Quackmire

Quackmire In the Brooder

Jul 25, 2009
    My Own Personal Zoo
    Quote:Thanks! My 'puter crashed a while back, and I lost everything, including all my bookmarks. Took me a while to remember the name of the forum. [​IMG] [​IMG] I was glad to find my way back! [​IMG]

3. Rex Mom

Rex Mom In the Brooder

Mar 10, 2009
    Castro Valley,CA
    Well.. I'm not trying to say that ducks whisper.. LOL.. but they do have a lower toned voice than the chicky girls. At least from what I've heard. [​IMG] It was the "egg song" that was becoming a problem for my son who sleeps during the day. When I found out that there are some ducks that lay as much as the best laying chickens I had to investigate. The breeds I'm interested in are the Cayuga, Welsh Harlequins and Golden Hybrid 300. Mostly because they are good egg layers and a quieter breed. I'm lucky to have a hatchery within driving distance [​IMG]

If I am being led to believe something unrealistic please let me know [​IMG]

Susan

4. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    my duckies are quiet. that's why i'm allowed to have them in a suburban area. i wonder if the mallard and rouen will be loud when they come outside ?? i'm not even sure what gender they are. i can't even hear my drake at times he's so quiet and my hen only talks when she's... EATING CATFOOD! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: