Dry Deep litter method (warm months)

hollytruitt

Chirping
Apr 16, 2023
We have a heat wave here in Indiana. Its been unbearable (cool down is tonight but next week another heat wave). We are currently using deep litter method (and we have water in the coop which I understand is a no no.). How do you do dry deep litter (besides removing water which we can't at this time but will remove it soon)?
I did a search in this forum and found deep litter method in summer months and several mentioned dry deep litter is best for summer. How do you do this? What is the process?
Thanks

I use dry shavings in the coop all year long, and my feed and water is also in there.
The only way to get your damp bedding out of the coop is to remove it and put in dry stuff.

I use dry shavings in the coop all year long, and my feed and water is also in there.
The only way to get your damp bedding out of the coop is to remove it and put in dry stuff.
How often do you scoop out poo? I use hemp bedding and I am ready to scoop out poop. It doesn't stink at all but the girls have poo on feathers because they are not roosting (8 week old birds).

How often do you scoop out poo? I use hemp bedding and I am ready to scoop out poop. It doesn't stink at all but the girls have poo on feathers because they are not roosting (8 week old birds).
I use a poop board, that they all roost over, and scoop daily.

Back
Top Bottom