Isaac 0

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Jul 19, 2016
Iowa
I think it is around 15 by 15 ft for five chickens. And yes, I will try adding more feeders and waterers, so thank you for that idea!
15 x 15 is cutting it a little close as far as chickens space requirements. While I'm sure you can get away with it, there will be a higher incidence of fighting-related problems, possibly like the one now. While you can add pecking blocks, dust baths, or hang treats in their pen to distract the aggressive birds from attacking the birds lower on the pecking order, space will ultimately help with the fighting the most. So that might be something you should consider in the future. Let us know if adding more feeder's/waters, adding things to distract the hens, helps any.

Cali Chickens

Hatching
Oct 21, 2020
I have had extra water and food stations up for several days and I think all our girls have been a bit less confrontational, and I have seen Chickpea (the hen in question) eating more! We also let them out every day, so we don't see them fight much. Thank you for your help!

Isaac 0

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Jul 19, 2016
Iowa
I have had extra water and food stations up for several days and I think all our girls have been a bit less confrontational, and I have seen Chickpea (the hen in question) eating more! We also let them out every day, so we don't see them fight much. Thank you for your help!
I'm glad to hear that, thanks for updating.

Top Bottom