Dry hatch questions

junior67

Free Ranging
Jan 29, 2021
MA
My eggs are on day 6. I started out by adding water but on I think day 3 I decided to try a dry hatch since it has been so humid here that I barely add water and it would go up to the 50's.
I am also away for the next 2 weekends so instead of worrying about someone else adding too much water this made it easier.

The water was basically gone that I needed to add more when I decided this and it has been holding between 31-37.... Until early this am. For the past 7 hrs it has been 28-30. Do I need to worry about it going that low or is that ok???

What is too low for dry incubation? Also what do you bump it to at lockdown?? Normally I incubate with it around 45% average and hatch with it 65%.

Is your hydrometer digital or dial? I never trust the digital reading, I dry hatch in foam incubator, my dial says 50% with out adding water, and I live in dry eastern WA.

Is your hydrometer digital or dial? I never trust the digital reading, I dry hatch in foam incubator, my dial says 50% with out adding water, and I live in dry eastern WA.
it is a govee. I have salt tested it and used it for a million hatches and seems to be accurate. We have AC so that does drop the humidity in my house by a LOT! mine when not humid would read mid to high 20's. since it has been humid it has been reading the 31-37.

Back
Top Bottom