Dry hatching with Janoel/magic fly incubator - First time dry hatching! Advice welcome

Lori J

Songster
5 Years
Jun 18, 2017
I’ve decided to try dry hatching in my janoel/magic fly incubator. I noticed that the humidity varied a good bit and even though I haven’t had many problems with hatching, I still I thought it would be worth a try. It would certainly allow me to skip adding 100 mL of water every two days. I live in the southern US it’s pretty humid here.I live in the southern US it’s pretty humid here Anyone tried dry hatching with these incubators or want to offer any dry hatching advice?

No one has any advice for my first time trying dry hatching?

How did the hatch go?
Only two of the eggs turned out to be fertile.... or at least the other eggs were all yolk and zero development. I told this to the lady that I purchased the eggs from and she said that she would gladly give me some more eggs. But the other two developed just fine. 👍

How did the hatch go?
Actually I didn’t realize this was from August. I was referring to my latest hatch in December. Also a dry hatch. The hatch in August went well. I had two undeveloped eggs, but the other 10 hatched. I did have to help due to a leathery thick membrane in several eggs and that might’ve been because I was putting too much humidity during lockdown? Not sure

Back
Top Bottom