Dry incubation??

Klayton1

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 5, 2014
So I have been hatching chicks for a while now. I have a Brinsea mini advance incubator and I have never used a hydrometer. I have always gotten pretty good results with my incubator but the last time only two out of the seven eggs hatched. The others had stopped developing. I had never heard about dry incubation until today and I would like to know more about it. Do you have to put any water in the incubator? If so how much. Also have any of you ever had a bad hatch using Dry incubation? Thanks!

here in SE Alabama the relative humidity typically runs pretty high so i don't add any water to the incubator and it runs 35-45% wet bulb, on day 18 i move them to the hatcher at 65% and have greater then 90% hatch rates.

here in SE Alabama the relative humidity typically runs pretty high so i don't add any water to the incubator and it runs 35-45% wet bulb, on day 18 i move them to the hatcher at 65% and have greater then 90% hatch rates.
So you don't put any water in the incubator? I'm in the mid-west so we don't have as much humidity. Does that mean I need to put a little water in the incubator?

So you don't put any water in the incubator? I'm in the mid-west so we don't have as much humidity. Does that mean I need to put a little water in the incubator?
correct, i don't add any during the first 18 days in the incubator. if your humidity is lower in your area you may or may not have to add water during those days, best way to know is to check air cell development or weigh your eggs and see if they are loosing too much moisture too quickly and adjust accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom