Dry sneezing?

Henry&Friends

Crowing
5 Years
May 6, 2018
West Virginia (mountain momma)
Got a half a dozen chicks for Valentine’s Day. One is half the size of the others, and is separated to avoid being trampled. The other five are active and seemingly healthy. They’ve grown and partially feathered out. However, the five are dry sneezing every Once in a while. Normally it’s after they run about and flap around. They weren’t sneezing last week, when they were on straw, but this week my mom bought critter paper bedding. I’m gonna switch them back to straw this weekend and see if it clears up the problem, and I’ve also opened up a lot more ventilation for them. They don’t have watery eyes, no nasal discharge I can see, and only one (the small, separated one) has a pasty butt and is somewhat lethargic. I’ve given the small one electrolyte & vitamin water, and gave the others just a pinch of the powder. Anything else I should do? I don’t want to get my existing flock sick, and I don’t want these chicks to be sick either :hit

picture of brooder with straw, the little chick is in a hamster cage next to it now. Will add updated picture of setup later, when I get home.
F11C9E25-D298-4C12-A603-7A1A9F68036B.jpeg

How are your chicks doing? Did you end up doing anything for them? Mine are sneezing in the same way and I haven’t had any responses. Thank you! I hope they are doing well!

Back
Top Bottom