dual belt drive parts for WizBang style?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Clay34, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Clay34

Clay34 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Just about ready to order the first batch of meat birds for the year. This always makes me think of processing day. Last year I rented a plucker very reasonably, but getting it when I want it can't always be a sure thing.
    I Waffled between building and buying last year.
    I noticed that many commercial machines like the EZ Plucker have dual drive belts. Anyone have a good source for these parts? Anyone want to share a shoot discharge design?

2. blucoondawg

blucoondawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Northern Wisconsin
    I been going back and forth on building or buying a unit as well and have decided I'm just gonna buy one this summer. I figured by the time I buy a motor and the fingers and whatever other parts I will need I won't be far off just buying it and I shouldn't have to deal with the issues of adjusting and fine tuning a home made unit, it should just work.
    Thinking this model http://www.coopsnmore.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=2075

The next size up is 50 bucks more

3. Clay34

Clay34 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2014
    Wisconsin
    You very well might be right in that I should just buy a plucker. I did find a nice sale on cconly.com - $100 off right now. I really don't process that many birds per year, but I hate plucking birds manually. We process about 50/ year. If I had a plucker, we might considering raising some more meat birds per year.

If I could find a 1 hp, 1725 rpm motor reasonably, I would still build one. To that end, I did find this pulley and bought it at a good price. This link is just to show the exact same one that I bought, I did not buy it from this retailer: https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/00754739

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  4. blucoondawg

blucoondawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Northern Wisconsin
    I've considered the cc only pluckers too is go with the 131 or 151 if I went with them but I think I'm going to go with the brand from my above post simply due to price unless the shipping makes it more costly I'll see what deals are on when I get back to work this spring

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by