Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

iron chicken

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 7, 2012
Fayettville, Arkansas
What is your opinion of dubbing?

note:If your going to criticize someone for their opinion then I don't want you to post here.
In other words, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY THING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is your opinion of dubbing?

note:If your going to criticize someone for their opinion then I don't want you to post here.
In other words, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY THING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!
So you want opinions, but only positive opinions? Why not just say you want to discuss the pros of dubbing?

I understand that for some show birds it is part of the standard. I would hope it is done without pain. Admittedly it has a certain look when done that is attractive in it's way. I should state I know nothing of the way it is done or the reason behind the standard. Heck, I still have no idea why people dock ears and tails on certain breeds of dogs (I do know that vets offer these procedures) I spay my household pets. I have meat rabbits. My goats have horns and are selectively reproduced. Some males will either be sold or wethered. My chickens lay eggs and some will end up freezer birds. Everyone does things according to what suits them either because of tradition, money or moral standing.

I am not familiar with the procedure of dubbing, but MamaJoJo I can comment on the dog ears, they do that to prevent ear infections in certain breeds (and I mean ear INFECTIONS!!!) and if you have a dog that has had this you completely understand. I have not but a friend has and it was much, much worse for the dog than the ear clipping. That poor pup was in constant pain for a long time because she thought it was just for looks and is a huge advocate for clipping now (my friend that is and not the dog)

I am not familiar with the procedure of dubbing, but MamaJoJo I can comment on the dog ears, they do that to prevent ear infections in certain breeds (and I mean ear INFECTIONS!!!) and if you have a dog that has had this you completely understand. I have not but a friend has and it was much, much worse for the dog than the ear clipping. That poor pup was in constant pain for a long time because she thought it was just for looks and is a huge advocate for clipping now (my friend that is and not the dog)

My dog had the same problem, we always clipped the ears of our Great Danes, but this one we didn't. Needless to say, she gets ear infections all the time. We give her medicine for it every day and she doesn't like it at all. And I know the ear infections she gets really hurt her too. :(
I didn't know people cut off the combs of roosters, other than for fighting but after reading up on it it makes sense to me. I wish I would've done it to one of my roosters back when I still had him because he had a huge comb and he got frostbite on the top of it and I felt really bad.

As for tail docking the only reason I know of would be "happy tail"
My lab is a very happy and excitible dog and he sometimes hits his tail so hard on things when wagging it, he breaks his tail. :( after it broke once it breaks a lot easier now and we have to be careful not to get him too excited in the house or his tail breaks and there's blood everywhere :/

Back
Top Bottom