D'uccle breeders Database

Pics
I have currently a golden neck trio 2 mille fleur hens 1 Blue Mille fleur hen and a porcelain roo just set 9 mille fleur eggs i got from ebay hoping for a roo just ordered 10 porcelain chicks hoping for 6 girls and am looking for more golden neck and mottled i would love lavender too all my D'Uccles are together for warmth come spring they will all be given their own pens by variety and hopefully get to keep them there if i can get enough new ones to help in winter it gets in the minuses here anyone willing to sell or trade eggs email me mine are currently not laying to stinkin cold but they will by end of Feb or first of Mar but they will all be together til new pens are up about May-June

Does anyone breeds show-Q Porcelain d'Uccles? Or know of anyone who breeds show-Q Porcelain d'Uccles? Ive been breeding Porcelain for about 7 years now and I am in desperate need of a new bloodline...I cant breed or sell any until I get another line. I have found a couple but they have the typical problems that come with breeding Porcelain...i.e. missing feathers on the wings of the roo, golden/borderline brassy yellow feathers, and then things like big wattles, poor foot feathers and muffs, really tall and long birds...a few things that my line does not have (PLEASE dont take this as bragging! I just dont want to breed these traits into my line since I dont have those problems) I actually broke this past breeding season and bred a few of these birds with the above traits to mine because it was all I had, and the chicks are downright ugly, most of them anyways. The color looks good on 2 pullets, but they are really long birds.

If you or some one you know has a nice line of d'Uccles (I dont even care if they are outside of this country or if they are not willing to sell birds...I'll try anything!) PLEASE let me know! I dont want my line to die!

And if anyone has any leads as to where Mr. Booth's line of Porcelain is, please let me know as well!

Any help is greatly appreciated!
hugs.gif

Quote:
I have a young pair that I think is pretty nice. I've been watching the cockerel to see what his color is going to do as he gets older and so far he looks pretty clear. The only thing I'm not sure about is type. The hen is very nice; she's cobby and full bodied, with very nice color and pattern. If I was going to fault the cockerel I'd say he leans toward being to slight, but he's still got some growing to do. I've got some other birds that will be coming in when the weather clears here. At this point we've had temps that went down to 0, and the birds aren't doing all that great with the extreme cold. I've had to set up some special arrangements for them, so I don't want to have the new birds come in during this horrible weather that we're having.

Quote:
Anyone else having problems with frostbitten combs? Now that it was down to 2 degrees this week my roos are looking a little 'bitten'. So far everyone has made it. I have not put out heat lamps, I figure I need to let mother nature select my flock for me if I'm going to persist with living in Missouri!

Okay, I'm not offically a breeder, but I do own a trio of Mille Fluer d'Uccle. I thought about just putting them in with my assortment of bantams since I don't have to many of any breed of bantams. I may change my mind tough if I can find a place to put them so that I can hatch some more out of them. Might do that to see how they sell.

Thanks for the thread.

Quote:
Anyone else having problems with frostbitten combs? Now that it was down to 2 degrees this week my roos are looking a little 'bitten'. So far everyone has made it. I have not put out heat lamps, I figure I need to let mother nature select my flock for me if I'm going to persist with living in Missouri!

Sounds brutally cold to me. Hope they make it through. Glad it doesn't get quite that cold here!

Quote:

Sounds brutally cold to me. Hope they make it through. Glad it doesn't get quite that cold here!

I say this "knocking on wood." So far I've never lost one to the cold. I've come close, but to date everybody is holding their own. I do everything I can to make sure that they stay warm, or rather they can keep themselves warm. The d'Uccle are the ones that are a little bit touchy. I did almost loose my porcelain cockerel, but since his brush with death, I set up a small coop inside the bigger coops. That way they can get in to a small space and their body heat and each other works well to keep them warm. They'd never make it if I just left them on their own. I don't use heat lamps or heaters, they just use their own little bodies to stay warm and chickens are VERY warm. Plus, since I'm retired and have nothing to do but obsess over my birds, I check on them constantly. I do know that I'll be glad when spring gets here, winter makes everything harder.
I use plastic over the runs and some of the coops, it cuts the wind which is the worst culprit for frostbite and just generally getting to cold. As long as they are able to get in out of the wind, I don't have comb problems.

Hi
So is anyone breeding the rare colors ? Lemon, barred etc ? Theres alot of post on here i skimmed through saw them mentioned but never saw any one say yeah i got em.
I have just have the common stuff millie,buff,golden neck and mottled but id really like to get the lemon.I saw the once on ebay but they wouldnt send me apic of the birds,lol so yeah didnt buy them
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom