D'uccle chicks.. What color is this?

Finally got a comb picture. I tried to get a decent one, but that joker was not having it 😂 Whatever they are, I love them. They have big personalities!

Attachments

• 20210423_125324.jpg
    20210423_125324.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 6
d'Uccles have single combs. That appears to be a pea comb. Possibly a rose comb. But definitely not a d'Uccle. So I still say Brahma.

I am kinda bugged with Tractor Supply co. They are bad at chicks.
People getting paid minimum wage don't have to know a thing about those birds. They do the best they can when the chicks arrive with little knowledge of breeds. I'm sure those chicks were just in the assorted bantam bin so the OP made the decision that they were d'Uccles. But honestly, to expect anything better from a big box feed store when there are plenty of backyard idiots running around with no idea what they have is kind of silly.

Not d'Uccles for sure. And Light Brahmas? Maybe, but lots of color on that head, still. Your best bet getting chicks at a feed store is to know ahead of time what the chicks of each breed actually look like. At least look them up on your smart phone!
And hatchery quality is often not up to breed standard anyway, but hatcheries do try to produce chicks of specific breeds, except for EEs.
Cute chicks, anyway!
Mary

I'm thinking dark brahma as well now too. TSC definitely doesn't know much, they were actually out of a bin labeled cochin bantams 😂 I got a few of those too, and those were correctly labeled I guess lol

Back
Top Bottom