d'Uccle color genetics

Pics
Quote:
See post #2

Are we sure the European calculator/ crossing will hold true for Doug's birds?

From what I'm reading, NA birds and European birds can look identical, but have been developed using different crosses. Couldn't that be true here? (respectfully asking, not trying to be 'smart')

I'm no expert on this, but I believe when it come to developing the dilutes, and other "fancy" crosses, they all must derive their origin from the same places, a gross over simplification of an example would be the blue Mille Fleur. It requires the Andalusian gene no matter what and you can't get blue Mille Fleur without it. I'm pretty sure that lemon Mille Fleur is the same way, it requires a particular set of genes to make it up and so forth.

Sonoron Silkies - I have looked at that web site numerous times and I find some discrepancies between it and Henks calculator. For example it gives s/s which I assume means s+/s+ as it s/s is not available in the calculator only the s+/s+. Same for Lav/Lav and Lav+/Lav+, I can't find the Rb+/Rb+ anywhere on the calculator or in Henks Gene info and again assume that i/i is i+/i+.

Quote:
How did you get the Calculator to say that?
Lemon = Citroen = recessive = ig/ig

Now if ig/ig is recessive that would inidicate you need two copies of it to show. So if I have the male showing the lemon he should be ig/ig.
So when crossed to a black patterned gold Millefluer will the offspring be split lemon? Using the calcualtors Treeview it shows that 50% would be ig+/ig.

So when I use the calculator with the lemon roo and a hen that is black patterned gold millfluer and change the ig locus to ig+/ig to make her split I get the 25/25 Lemon Millefluer and the 25/25 Gold Millefluer. again the treeview showes the above results.
Am I wrong?

Just trying to learn how these genes are going to inter act.

Have I missed something.

They will appear to be mille fleur, but carry one copy of the lavender gene. The gene needs two copies present to show in the plumage. If the mille parent was split, hte offspring will be 50% mille fleur and 50% porcelain.

rb is recessive black, which is not a specific, identified gene. It may be a combination of melanizer genes, or it may be a specific gene. It causes dull black as compared with shiny black feathers. Rb would be not-recessive black (the alternative allele to recessive black).

Some gene combinations can give a similar appearance to a different combination. Di, ig, Cb & lav all dilute gold. Splash is sometimes substituted for dominant white. Co and Db have some similar affects. Some recessive genes are a bit leaky; they may show to some degree when only one copy is present. Some patterns can be made on different e-alleles. E^Wh and e^b can often be substituted for each other.

th.gif
okay

Here is my Gold Neck Roo, Daffy. He has only white and "gold" coloration. On the other D'uccle site, we were discussing whether or not Gold-Neck really is splash of Blue Millie Fleur. One person psted a splash MF D'uccle, and the bird had blck/blue splashes on a mostly white bird with some gold. Clearly, Daffy has no such appearence, and actually has mottling like a MF or a black or blue mottled has. Take a look.

44581_img_3633.jpg

44581_img_3637.jpg

Back
Top Bottom