d'Uccle color help *New Pics added, pg 3*

There are colors that have more yellow chicks from what I see on feathersite - but I doubt Ideal carries them...

You certainly have me curious. I tried banding my birds so I could see which ones turned out which colors - but it didn't work out.

ETA: I take that back. Feathersite shows gold necked D'Uccle chicks and they look mostly yellow - Ideal does carry those. Interesting...

Last edited:
hu.gif
I'm sure it's a d'Uccle, because of the feathered feet, but color... hmmmmmmmmmm.... I suspect we'll be seeing update photos every couple of weeks??
big_smile.png

I have four D'uccles too and mine were mostly all dark but there was one lighter one and she is a lighter colored today but still looks like the regular Mille Fleurs do. My male mille is just a hoot. His is such a great hubby! Mine are now 13 weeks old today and they live in their own little mansion alone so no one bothers them
big_smile.png
I plan on selling their fertile eggs. Later I will add a few porcelain.
I can't wait to see what your little one turns out to be. Keep us informed...I'm subscribing to this thread
big_smile.png

I can't wait til these 4 grow up. Hopefully I have a pair out of the 4 and not all roos!

I will post more pic soon as it starts feathering out! Thanks for trying to help
smile.png

Well this was my reply from Ideal...

Deborah,

It is probably a Buff Columbian d’uccle or a Golden Neck d’uccle. But it could also be a cochin. We must have run short on the Mille Fleur and substituted, and we always try to substitute with the same breeds that you have ordered. I will credit your credit card for the one chick, since that is not what you ordered. Have a great day.

Rachel Mueck
Ideal Poultry Breeding Farms Inc.
PO Box 591
Cameron, Texas 76520
254-697-6677 ext 5400
www.idealpoultry.com

I went looking for pics of both the Columbian and Golden Neck, didn't find many. But I did find one sight that had a chick that looked like mine and the person had it labelled as a Red Mille Fleur. Gonna go see if I can find more pics of those.

I am going to hope for the Buff Columian color because I can't seem to get any Buff Brahmas.

I really don't think its a Cochin, due to it being the same tiny size as the Mille Fleurs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom