D'Uccle Genetics

Tania7120

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 12, 2012
I am just starting in D'Uccles, Love the breed :) I am also interested in the genetics, being I am getting a start of different colors and would like to be informed as to the genetics per color :) I already have 3 hens that are red necked D'Uccles. I am picking up 2 pairs of Gold necked, D'Uccles today (look similar to red-necked), a pair of porcelain, and possible pair of Millie (1-2 weeks old).

Is there a basic rundown where I can start getting and idea on genetics? There is ALOT of info here, and I am not sure if I am finding the correct information,lol.

Now to go make separate pens for the babies, Im so excited!!!!

What genetics do you want to know about concerning the duccles? Please be more specific. Why do you want to know about the genetics?

Tim

I need to know where to start reading at. I have red necked, porcelain, and a pair of Millies, so what are the genetics for these colors, feather properties or even improving on the breed itself. I know rabbit genetics pretty well after raising them for show for 14+ years, but chickens, nooooo I have no clue. Genetics is an important thing to learn when you are interested in raising a specific breed of animal. As well as its always been an interest.

there are no "red" necked d'uccle except the brown red which is a black bird with brown/red on hackles and saddles. if tey look like the golden necks then thy are golden necks.

this link is very helpful (do keep in mind that this is an overseas site and includes colors of which that are not in the states yet)
http://www.edelras.nl/belgians/genetics.htm

there are no "red" necked d'uccle except the brown red which is a black bird with brown/red on hackles and saddles. if tey look like the golden necks then thy are golden necks.

this link is very helpful (do keep in mind that this is an overseas site and includes colors of which that are not in the states yet)
http://www.edelras.nl/belgians/genetics.htm

This is an EXCELLENT site. Its author is a VERY knowledgeable poultry geneticists. For chicken genetics in general, chickengenetics.edelras.nl is also her work.

Back
Top Bottom