D'uccle - I think it's a hen, what do you think??

LuLuBelle

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Richmond, VA
Good Afternoon Everyone!!

After sleeping all day because of a migraine
I am feeling much better
though still a little blah...

So I have a question for you, I know you are not supposed to have favorites, but my favorite from our first batch of chickens we believe to be a Mille Fleur D'uccle.

I believe Marilyn is a pullet, and I was wondering what your thoughts were. We have had her for 9 weeks, and we believe she was about 1-2 weeks old when we got her. So lets say 10-12 weeks old.

Here's a picture.... can anyone confirm that she is in fact a she?

Please let me know...

If anyone has any pictures of a pullet or a roo that would be nice to see, what way I know for sure what's going on here.

Thank you

Schultz

CluckN'Crow Farm
11 Years
Aug 5, 2008
Indianapolis
Awwww she looks just like my favorite Mille! I'm pretty sure you have a nice young lady there. My roo's comb appeared pretty early and the rest look like yours!

ETA: Glad you're feeling better!

Last edited:

JoJo 95

Songster
10 Years
Mar 15, 2009
I can't be absolutely sure but I am 95% certain it is a mille fleur hen. However I am not sure it is a d'Uccle because mille fleur occurs in other breeds.

LuLuBelle

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Richmond, VA
Thank you, she's very picture friendly unlike some of the other ones who move as soon as they see the camera.

YAY, a girl... that's good because her name is Marilyn, and if she were a boy then she'd have a complex from having a girls name ever since she got to our house. LOL

Top Bottom