D'uccle Thread

here are some photos of my breeding groups and this years hatchlings. if anyone is interested i have eggs from them on the 24 hour auction till 10 pm central today Black---- Blue--- Blue---- Splash-- Blue--- Barred project----- Barred chick----- Splash chick----- Left to right>>black,splash, splash, blue, mille fleur-------- left to right>>unknown pattern, golden neck, lavender-----
If you ever just have eggs from the barred up, please let me know.

i only have him in a pair situation since i will have to raise up the young to select for the best d'uccle features. i only have 3 solid black hens and want most to breed with that black male and a lavender i have.i figure it will be about 2 more generations before they are show worthy.

golden neck chicks---odd though, they either have a porcelain father or a mille fleur father (both from outside breeding group)-so the most of the dilution gene i should get is a blue mille fleur. there is obviously more to their genes than the chicken calculator and a pundit square to the phenotype.

Collecting from a pair is slow. Took me two weeks to collect seven or eight eggs from my Blue hen. Luckily age doesn't effect the eggs quite as much as most believe.
So, if you ever have some extras from them, whether they're older or not I would still buy them, just let me know, and sorry I just really love barred birds and it would be a plus in my favorite breed.

Hoping someone familiar with the breed can help me sex these porcelain babies. I have a Mille Fleur roo the same age with a giant red comb and wattles to go with his obvious tail feathers. That makes me think the other three are pullets but two have slightly larger combs that the third. There's a swap this weekend where I want to take any roos.

Thanks for the help. There are three... all are just over 4 weeks

Last edited:
Hoping someone familiar with the breed can help me sex these porcelain babies. I have a Mille Fleur roo the same age with a giant red comb and wattles to go with his obvious tail feathers. That makes me think the other three are pullets but two have slightly larger combs that the third. There's a swap this weekend where I want to take any roos.

Thanks for the help. There are three... all are just over 4 weeks

The two with large pink combs are definitely cockerels. I think for now the one with the smaller comb is a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom