D'uccle Thread

My Porcelin D'uccle have a new home we built for them.
IMG_20171204_153406413_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171204_150711997.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171117_145924920_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171117_145924920_HDR.jpg
    548.2 KB · Views: 3
Oh, good! I have a question for y'all about your D'uccles. My mom and I have a flock of 10 chickens. Most of them are bantam sized due to my great-uncle's breeding style. We were looking to get a few new bantam sized hens to join out flock, as we have 2 grown roos and a lone fall hatch that is also a roo.

My question is this: I was looking through the Meyer hatchery catalog, and they have D'unccles, but say that they don't tolerate heat well. We live in North Carolina, and are wondering what it means that they don't handle heat well? Should we avoid this breed because of Southern humid, icky summers?

Oh, good! I have a question for y'all about your D'uccles. My mom and I have a flock of 10 chickens. Most of them are bantam sized due to my great-uncle's breeding style. We were looking to get a few new bantam sized hens to join out flock, as we have 2 grown roos and a lone fall hatch that is also a roo.

My question is this: I was looking through the Meyer hatchery catalog, and they have D'unccles, but say that they don't tolerate heat well. We live in North Carolina, and are wondering what it means that they don't handle heat well? Should we avoid this breed because of Southern humid, icky summers?
As long as they have a shaded coop or area and lots of water they will do just fine. Keep an eye out for heat stress and treat accordingly. Since they are small pigeon sized birds they are.easy to handle and love to be on your person as soon as they get to know you if you handle them frequently. I live in South Georgia talk about heat and.humidity.

Back
Top Bottom