D'uccle Thread

Someone said they asked a judge at a poultry show how to pronounce it and he said, "we say de-ookle." :thI don't know how widespread this Americanized version is...
My niece and the local 4H guy says duckle. :confused: Seems many don't know how to pronounce it.

Someone said they asked a judge at a poultry show how to pronounce it and he said, "we say de-ookle." :thI don't know how widespread this Americanized version is...

Now searching I found this.

Attachments

• 9C4EFC8A-6F6A-49E0-BB27-9A5446AE1E23.png
    9C4EFC8A-6F6A-49E0-BB27-9A5446AE1E23.png
    298.9 KB · Views: 23
Now to train ourselves to say a different way ;)
I just avoided saying it!
`````````
I only have one D'Uccle, a Mille Fleur named Sunny. She's kind of lonely. Nobody else likes her, they don't physically bully her, they just ignore her. (there are 10 chickens) She keeps to herself, just assuming she's not allowed to participate in anything. She's a year old and hasn't yet laid an egg....
Here Sunny is w our only other bantam, a Sebright named Moonshine. Sebrights are feisty, and outgoing, and Moonshine is usually too busy to notice for her shy little shadow, when she does, it's usually just to utter a little reprimand, and Sunny turns away.
Sunny and Moonshine.png

I just avoided saying it!
`````````
I only have one D'Uccle, a Mille Fleur named Sunny. She's kind of lonely. Nobody else likes her, they don't physically bully her, they just ignore her. (there are 10 chickens) She keeps to herself, just assuming she's not allowed to participate in anything. She's a year old and hasn't yet laid an egg....
Here Sunny is w our only other bantam, a Sebright named Moonshine. Sebrights are feisty, and outgoing, and Moonshine is usually too busy to notice for her shy little shadow, when she does, it's usually just to utter a little reprimand, and Sunny turns away.
View attachment 1421771

Poor Sunny I’d be her friend in a heartbeat but yeah, I know what it’s like to have loner birds in your flock; I ended up buying my phoenix hen a mate because she didn’t fit in with the Ameraucanas.

Hello all. It's been a while since anyone has posted on this thread but I thought that I'd pop in and say "Hi". :frow
I am a brand new chick momma to a sweet and beautiful Porcelain D'Uccle. Granted, I might be a little biased. I am a relatively new chicken momma in general. Have a small flock of 22 week old Black Australorps (4 of them) and Jersey Giants (2 of them). We thought that we would add a few more chicks to our small flock. Ended up grabbing a Silkie and Porcelain D'Uccle (we figured the breeds out AFTER we purchased them. Didn't know beforehand) and 2 others that are questionable but possible Easter Eggers. Just not positive, time will tell. With the feather growth, I'm thinking they little fluffies are probably around 1 week old or so? Here's a pic of my sweetie.

When we first got her/him on Sat. Sept 8, 2018
IMG_3615.JPG IMG_3616.JPG

Pics I took today Weds. Sept 12th
IMG_3641.JPG IMG_3639.JPG IMG_3638.JPG

I think s/he is such a cutie patootie! :love

How much would an average Mille Fleur d'Uccle 3 month old cockerel, 2 month old cockerel, and 2 month old pullet be?

I'm going to sell a few of my birds and I can't find anyone who sold d'Uccles at a price.

Hello all. It's been a while since anyone has posted on this thread but I thought that I'd pop in and say "Hi". :frow
I am a brand new chick momma to a sweet and beautiful Porcelain D'Uccle. Granted, I might be a little biased. I am a relatively new chicken momma in general. Have a small flock of 22 week old Black Australorps (4 of them) and Jersey Giants (2 of them). We thought that we would add a few more chicks to our small flock. Ended up grabbing a Silkie and Porcelain D'Uccle (we figured the breeds out AFTER we purchased them. Didn't know beforehand) and 2 others that are questionable but possible Easter Eggers. Just not positive, time will tell. With the feather growth, I'm thinking they little fluffies are probably around 1 week old or so? Here's a pic of my sweetie.

When we first got her/him on Sat. Sept 8, 2018
View attachment 1532054 View attachment 1532055

Pics I took today Weds. Sept 12th
View attachment 1532051 View attachment 1532052 View attachment 1532053

I think s/he is such a cutie patootie! :love
Beautiful birds!

Back
Top Bottom