D'uccle Thread

thanks. Will keep an eye on it. It's cute, anyhow and very docile. If it doesn't make a racket I'll keep it around.

Do they have spurs? No sign of them on this one. Tail won't help until it grows back in

Honestly, I haven't noticed! His foot feathers are so thick I can't see! lol I'll have to look next time I pick him up.

Think it has a throat injury that prevents crowing which is why the previous owner thought it was a pullet. Either way, he's cute, quiet and sweet so far.

well, if it is I am surprised a BYCer would say something was a pullet when it wasn't at that age and the phrase "dead meat" comes to mind. Can't keep another rooster
You may very well have gotten ripped off. There are a lot of dishonest people out there that will take advantage of someone if they can. Or it's possible that the person just wasn't familiar with the breed or chickens in general, and didn't realize it wasn't a pullet them self.

You may very well have gotten ripped off. There are a lot of dishonest people out there that will take advantage of someone if they can. Or it's possible that the person just wasn't familiar with the breed or chickens in general, and didn't realize it wasn't a pullet them self.
the later I think. I picked it up from a family and I think a young man is the household Chicken raiser. Oh well. It's cute and happy for now, unless it crows we're OK.

@generaldsherman here is a few full body of Speedy.

He is 6 months in a couple days.

Thanks. Mine is definitely a boy. Giving him away tomorrow to someone who wants him. Maybe I'll try to get a REAL pullet of this breed someday. The rooste (who I dubbed 'Mini Me' as he follows my silkie rooster around) is a cute, sweet thing.

Back
Top Bottom