D'uccle Thread

They are f2's, 75% duccle, project barred birds
Gottcha
1f600.png

Hey guys. I did it.. I saw the hatchery special for .90 a chick. And bada bing, I had 25. Now, I've had chickens, even d'uccles, for years, but had to downsize for a few years and regretted getting rid of my d'uccles.

I know they are just pet quality, and hatchery bred, but I love the little clowns. After figuring out the roos, and placing then hens I don't want, I hope to end up with a handful of colorful little clowns and a roo for my banty pen.

I hope there is room here for a pet quality d'uccle owner that just loves her chickens!

Oh, and that chick in the front right of the second pic ... blue mille? or porcelein?

Thanks!

Texasgal and Adorkable, those are some super cute little chickies!

I wanted to share some pics of my Beatrice now she's around 7 months old. She started laying at 6 months and lays every second day (occasionally every third day), and I have to admit I was shocked at the size of the egg at first, it was huge for such a little bird! Very rich yolks too. I tried to get some pics of her patterning. I LOVE her tail, and that little fluffy beard of hers, so cute!

Never a dull moment with this little bird, so much personality is crammed into that little body. Her usual partner in crime is my Araucana, Mabel.

Last edited:
Texasgal and Adorkable, those are some super cute little chickies!

I wanted to share some pics of my Beatrice now she's around 7 months old. She started laying at 6 months and lays every second day (occasionally every third day), and I have to admit I was shocked at the size of the egg at first, it was huge for such a little bird! Very rich yolks too. I tried to get some pics of her patterning. I LOVE her tail, and that little fluffy beard of hers, so cute!

Never a dull moment with this little bird, so much personality is crammed into that little body. Her usual partner in crime is my Araucana, Mabel.

That's a really cool coloring. Almost like a Quail D'anver but with spots.

HELP PLEASE!!! I've ordered 2 and live in Nebraska. How are these chickens in the cold and heat? Some sites say they can tolerate cold and heat, but then others say they can't!!! I have a brand new coop with plenty of ventilation and no drafts. For the summer I have shade, fans and misters to keep them cool. If I cancel the order it can't be later than Monday so any help and advice would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Last edited:
We get really cold and mine do fine. The roosters can get frostbite and lose the comb points, but are fine otherwise. We don't get really hot here, but all breeds can suffer greatly in the heat more so than the cold so be prepared to provide shade, water and potentially a fan. Treat them like every other breed and enjoy them, they are great little chickens.

Bought this little Porcelain D'uccle Bantam cockerel from a pet breeder in Elverta, CA. As I take look at him today. I saw that he might have a little something in him as he came in 5 toes. No top hats, not a silkie or sultan genetics, so maybe salmon faverolle bc the mother have a huge beard and muff.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom