D'uccle Thread

you will need to separate them if it were me, your hen will be miserable.There is probably time to get a couple more pullets and get rid of the cockerels. The absolute lowest ratio of rooster to hens for my liking is 1/6 to keep the girls from being miserably overbred.

Will that still work if my two roos are bantams and half my hens are standard size?

You could try posting him on this thread > https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16182/animals-in-need-of-free-re-homing Or the Ohio thread.

ETA: I just realized you already advertised him there. I hope you find him a good home! :D

I put him on Craigslist and he got snatched up in a day. The older couple had lots of experience gave me a hug and he is going somewhere nicer than I have so it's a happy ending. She even brought me a chicken boredom buster toy for my flock.

No one is on the Porcelain thread so I thought I would show off my Porcelain bantums here. There almost 5 weeks.
IMG_20170516_103727134.jpg
IMG_20170516_133522173.jpg

Thank you. I have 3 more hen's but they are so small how big do they get? I'm guessing mabey the same size as old English game hen bantums. There very small.
I call them pigeon sized. I think they are similar in size to OEG, but are a bit fuller, could be the big zippered feet that make them appear bigger, and those cheek puffs.

Back
Top Bottom