D'uccle Thread

Huuulloooaaa from the East Coast!!! I have one itty bitty little porcelain d'Uccle cockrel named "Piggy" he's about 2 months old and I'll have a picture of him hopefully tomorrow??? Fair warning his feathers are mostly muddy right now. Planning on hopefully getting started with my first couple of shows this year, and he'll be one of my stars!

My silkies wanted babies, I wanted d'uccles, so we worked together and look at these cuties who hatched yesterday! We are waiting on 6 more eggs and today is day 21. The littlest porcelain chick came from an egg with a completely detached air cell. I almost just threw the egg away because I read there was little to no chance of it hatching under a broody hen. But here it is! Just a perfect little chick!
Message_1502120818237.jpg

My silkies wanted babies, I wanted d'uccles, so we worked together and look at these cuties who hatched yesterday! We are waiting on 6 more eggs and today is day 21. The littlest porcelain chick came from an egg with a completely detached air cell. I almost just threw the egg away because I read there was little to no chance of it hatching under a broody hen. But here it is! Just a perfect little chick!
View attachment 1104455
:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::th:th:th:th:th:th:th:th:th:th:th:th CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And now, I realized I should've put that a spoiler?!! :barnie:oops:

Congratulations on your hatch! Let's see those Silkies!

:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:woot:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::th:th:th:th:th:th:th:th:th:th:th:th CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And now, I realized I should've put that a spoiler?!! :barnie:oops:

Congratulations on your hatch! Let's see those Silkies!
Lol we are this excited here too! My kids especially!! I love your post so much! Thank you!

My silkies are kind of hard to photograph, they are always moving their fluffy heads lol. They are seriously sweet mothers! I see why they are the broody queens. They are co parenting which is so sweet to watch.
Little chick in Mama Raven's fluffy butt feathers:
20170806_103622.jpg

Mama Coffey feeding little chick egg yolk:
20170806_103739.jpg

Question about some new D'Uccles I have purchased. They are probably 4 or 5 months old though I am not sure. This is my first time with juvenile birds and they aren't very "flowered" if you will. Are they going to ever be as colorful as my adults? How long until they show their true plumage? I tried to label the pics, in green are my adults, the ones in blue are the juveniles.
20170824_184857.jpg
20170824_184859b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom