D'uccle Thread

They come in white, self-blue, porcelain, mottled, mille fleur, golden neck, black, blue, buff, grey, quail, brown red, butterscotch, blue mille fleur, buff columbian, red, blue red, blue red mottled, blue mottled and silver mottled.

Roughly 30 minutes. However, I had to cull one this week (others pecked her too much, not respiratory or anything) so since my flock is down one, I'm still trying to decide if I want to send him off :/
Since the show was cancelled a group of BYC folks are getting together for a BBQ in Ft Valley. You are welcome to come. It will be at one of the members homes family and children are welcome as well. The information is on the YO GEORGAINS thread Our State Thread. It would be a great place.to get to know who your comunicating with. I have some silky mix chicks that need rehoming they are mostly pullets. If you might be interested. I would still take your roo if you decide to get rid of him.

Since the show was cancelled a group of BYC folks are getting together for a BBQ in Ft Valley. You are welcome to come. It will be at one of the members homes family and children are welcome as well. The information is on the YO GEORGAINS thread Our State Thread. It would be a great place.to get to know who your comunicating with. I have some silky mix chicks that need rehoming they are mostly pullets. If you might be interested. I would still take your roo if you decide to get rid of him.

Thank you for the invite, I've been in the coop this morning and missed the post in time! However, I did jump on that thread so possibly next time I'll be able to meet up.

I've got to wait until mine start laying before adding anymore

& I'll let you know about my roo, still need to make the no crow collars and try them, but I'd prefer he go to someone from here versus a sale, he's really nice looking and in a perfect world, the collar will work like a charm and I'll be able to keep him.

Attachments

• IMG_8773.JPG
    IMG_8773.JPG
    529.2 KB · Views: 10
Hello chicken lovers, I have a beautiful Millie roo that I can't keep due to crowing and the neighbors. I'm hoping to find him a good home versus selling him. Freckles is sweet and easy to handle, at the moment he is almost 3 months old. I can't seem to upload a photo from my my phone, but I could message or email if someone would be able to house my sweet boy. We live in Northern California. Thank you!

Sounds good, our pullets should all be/or soon be at point of lay by then. We are retired and have open schedule so just let me know.
Meanwhile I am studying forums on roosters, specifically bantam roosters with large breed hens. People here are saying it works. I didn't want to overwhelm the 2 bantam girls..the Sebright is really tiny and that's about how big she'll get. But she's feisty, and doesn't take any flak from anyone.
Well Sue, after this mornings squabble I think it would be hard pressed to deny this white baby his roo status. And he has some of the biggest leg feathering I've ever seen, though now he's getting rounder. Might he be a Cochin?

IMG_0364.JPG IMG_0371.JPG

Also, in some X-Files worthy event, the Mille Fleur got out, leaving me with my gender questioning Porcelain.
IMG_0374.JPG IMG_0379.JPG

Hello chicken lovers, I have a beautiful Millie roo that I can't keep due to crowing and the neighbors. I'm hoping to find him a good home versus selling him. Freckles is sweet and easy to handle, at the moment he is almost 3 months old. I can't seem to upload a photo from my my phone, but I could message or email if someone would be able to house my sweet boy. We live in Northern California. Thank you!
You might wanna try on the northern California thread.

Well Sue, after this mornings squabble I think it would be hard pressed to deny this white baby his roo status. And he has some of the biggest leg feathering I've ever seen, though now he's getting rounder. Might he be a Cochin?

View attachment 1082182 View attachment 1082184

Also, in some X-Files worthy event, the Mille Fleur got out, leaving me with my gender questioning Porcelain.
View attachment 1082186 View attachment 1082190
Argh!!! We just went to KC area today! My husband urgently needed a part for his bandsaw and we went early. He said he doesn't really want to go again until the eclipse.
Sorry it didn't work out for us ...I hope you'll find someone else to adopt him, you shouldn't have a problem, he's going to be gorgeous...whatever he is.
Your mille fleur disappeared? And she was a pullet for sure, that's too bad. ) :
ps, you might want to post info on your cockerels on the MO thread to find a home...also there is a KS thread, here's the link to the MO thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/calling-any-one-from-missouri.73271/page-813#post-18753537

Last edited:
Argh!!! We just went to KC area today! My husband urgently needed a part for his bandsaw and we went early. He said he doesn't really want to go again until the eclipse.
Sorry it didn't work out for us ...I hope you'll find someone else to adopt him, you shouldn't have a problem, he's going to be gorgeous...whatever he is.
Your mille fleur disappeared? And she was a pullet for sure, that's too bad. ) :
ps, you might want to post info on your cockerels on the MO thread to find a home...also there is a KS thread, here's the link to the MO thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/calling-any-one-from-missouri.73271/page-813#post-18753537
Thanks, I could probably hold him awhile if you are interested, he's fine and friendly on his own. I'm sure things will settle down once I few other of my rowdy boys get rehomed. Seems that partridge has it out for him.

Thanks, I could probably hold him awhile if you are interested, he's fine and friendly on his own. I'm sure things will settle down once I few other of my rowdy boys get rehomed. Seems that partridge has it out for him.
Find a home for all that you can and see who, if any, are left.
We have been considering free ranging the big girls, and confining the bantams, but it's apparent that they are inseparable. If we were to allow the bantams out too, a fluffy white puffball rooster probably isn't a wise idea.

Find a home for all that you can and see who, if any, are left.
We have been considering free ranging the big girls, and confining the bantams, but it's apparent that they are inseparable. If we were to allow the bantams out too, a fluffy white puffball rooster probably isn't a wise idea.
Sure thing, and good luck with your girls!

Back
Top Bottom