D'uccle Thread

So it turns out I have 11 roos out of 17 chicks! :barnieI was trying to convince myself that those combs were not very red and maybe those could still be girls but no, they are starting to crow. I only planned to keep one roo, maybe two if they get along well so it looks like the freezer is going to get stocked this fall. I'm hoping one of my three hand raised ones makes the cut, the other roos were raised by hens so aren't as friendly.
View attachment 1072438
But they are so adorable. We butchered a d'uccle Cochin cross last year, he was mean to the hens, wasn't much on him for meat. If you were closer I would take a trio of boys as mine are getting pretty old now. Yours are good looking, what color is that?

Not a great pic but... Here she is

Attachments

• 20170710_115121.jpg
    20170710_115121.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 10
But they are so adorable. We butchered a d'uccle Cochin cross last year, he was mean to the hens, wasn't much on him for meat. If you were closer I would take a trio of boys as mine are getting pretty old now. Yours are good looking, what color is that?
They are all Gold Neck except for one accidentally shipped Mille Fleur. I wish you were closer as well, so far the only interested party was someone that thought they could use them to eat bugs in their yard. They weren't even going to give them a shelter, so I declined.

They are all Gold Neck except for one accidentally shipped Mille Fleur. I wish you were closer as well, so far the only interested party was someone that thought they could use them to eat bugs in their yard. They weren't even going to give them a shelter, so I declined.
That's what I thought they might be. Love that color. I would rather butcher too than send them to a poor environment where they will end up eaten by something anyways without proper housing.

Hi! My little d'Uccle mix hen had to be treated for bumblefoot last night. It upset me, and now I'm feeling all protective, nurturing, and nostalgic about her. This is Cindy. She was a runt who nearly died several times before she came to live with us. She's so small, under a pound at 7 months. Is this normal for d'Uccles?
20170710_182000.jpg

This is her dad Clyde. He's so pretty. He may be coming to live with us soon.
16406747_1342294822459068_4562339600714158182_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom