D'Uccles vs D'Anvers...Differences in Personality?

:they might just be my new favorites......considering I love Faverolles.....I just want to know how to pronoun both names:

Quote:
darn it!
tongue.gif

I have the quail d'anvers and they are personality plus!!! The roos have a very high pitched crow and think they are as big as the big guys. They can definitely hold their own.

The eggs are smaller than my silkie eggs. I have 3 hens and 2 roos. The hens lay very well. I had 3 silkies that went broody and they just hatched out 11 d'anver chicks for me and 7 more are due Friday. If anyone is interested I will be selling eggs next spring.

5630_sept_27_013.jpg

5630_sept_27_012.jpg

Ok so their are some cool looking bantams but I am still not convinced and I do not know how they converted you to the dark side cyn?

Last edited:
your chickens are gorgeous! So cute.
Could you post a picture of you holding one, just so I have an idea of how big they are? I have heard they are really tiny...

p.s. I might be interested in eggs.

Last edited:
I had a few d'Uccles, and they were hands down the most sweet cuddly social breed I've ever owned. I still have my favorite hen, Girly.

My d'Anver's are spazzes, and they hate people. But that could be because I bought them from a breeder as 2 year olds, and who knows how often they were picked up there.

Thanks for those links, Adam. I'll check them out. I may completely pass on either breed, but I wont know till I do some checking into them.
Henry, they aren't Silkies! Now, if you see me asking about Silkies with an eye toward acquiring some, then you need to investigate where someone stashed my body-that definitely wont be me, LOL.
Oh, forgot to say, Empty Nest, yours are so beautiful! Cute little critters.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom