Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
It appears that one of the neighborhood cats did my ducks a favor.
979B45BF-2077-4D23-BA9A-71FC8E1A0B2E.jpeg

Surely as hormones die down it'll get better.
What seemed to help me was kind of mixing up their territory. Like For example Maybe you let the new ones out to free range and put your others in the jail house for a day.
That way your newbies can kind of learn the ropes and be more confident.
Or when you get ready to introduce them you could put them in a completely neutral pen together in a different spot and see how it goes.
I opened the whole thing up yesterday. They fought for about 15 minutes with me griping and breaking it up the whole time. I was most afraid for the little girl, but it was the drake everyone jumped on. Even the chicken joined in on jumping him prison gang style. It was ridiculous. As soon as they'd all get off him, he'd go after one of them and it was on again. Little Raspberry just sat back and watched.

Don't mind dirty pool - I swear I clean it every evening.

They aren't allowed in the pool. Funniest part is that Pud (smallest brown) was never allowed in the pool either. Now she is. 🤣
20221018_095510.jpg

I opened the whole thing up yesterday. They fought for about 15 minutes with me griping and breaking it up the whole time. I was most afraid for the little girl, but it was the drake everyone jumped on. Even the chicken joined in on jumping him prison gang style. It was ridiculous. As soon as they'd all get off him, he'd go after one of them and it was on again. Little Raspberry just sat back and watched.

They aren't allowed in the pool. Funniest part is that Pud (smallest brown) was never allowed in the pool either. Now she is. 🤣
View attachment 3296251
Duckies are crazy. Just nuts. 😂

View attachment 3296251
I’m glad that Pud can take advantage of being a part of the “in crowd”, at least for now! Of course the chicken joined in on the beat down! Silly birds! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom